1. General Information
- Master Class and Competition of Kyungsung International Piano Academy are open to pianists of all nationalities up to 35 years old and will be held at Kyungsung University in Busan, South Korea.
- Three world famous pianists, renowned performers and professors, and jurors of major international piano competitions, including the Artistic Director of the Academy Alexey Lebedev, will give lessons to the active participants and will be the juries at the academy competition that follows the Master Class.
- Each active participant will receive 3 lessons during the academy. Participants are required to take one lesson from each professor. The lesson is free of choice of repertoire, representing contrasting style. The piano pieces for the Master Class should be well-practiced and prepared thoroughly. All works, chosen to be performed by the participant, must be published.
- Each active participant will take part in the academy competition. The competition will be held at the Big Concert Hall of Kyungsung University and will be open to the public. The competition repertoire is free of choice. 1st round duration is 10~15 minutes and 2nd round is up to 20 minutes. The repertoire from the 1st round could be repeated. The program should be performed from memory, and all the work performed must be published. After the 2nd round, there will be an awards and closing ceremony. For the prize winners of the competition, there will be monetary awards:
- 1st Prize: 5.000.000 Won
- 2nd Prize: 3,000.000 Won
- 3rd Prize: 1,000.000 Won
- All decisions of the juries are final. The jury can decide not to award any prizes or have multiple winners share a prize.
3. Application and Payment
4. Participant Payment:
- The participation fee: 900,000 WON
- All active participants should transfer the participation fee of 900,000 WON to the bank account of academy within 3 days after receiving an official invitation. The participation fee with bank transfer should be received by academy no later than 4th of June 2019. All bank transaction charges should be responsible by the applicant.
- The bank account details will be sent by e-mail along with the official invitation to all active participants.
- Accommodation for the duration of the Academy is not provided. However a list for obtainable accommodation will be provided to international participants and participants from cities other than Busan, South Korea.
4-1-2. Practice rooms
- There are practice rooms with pianos and grand pianos for all active participants during the time of the Master Class and competition for free of charge.
4-2. Participants who are under age
- Parent or legal guardian of participant who is under 18 years old must complete and attach the parental authorization (see in application procedure).
- Parent or legal guardian of participant under 16 years old must accompany his/her child during Kyungsung International Piano Academy.
- When signing the application document, the parent or legal guardian must indicate on his or her agreement, that the Kyungsung International Piano Academy will not have any responsibility for supervising the participant, who is under age.
4-3. Participants who are First Prizewinners of former KIPA Competitions
- First Prizewinners of former KIPA Competitions are permitted to participate in both Academy, Academy Concert and Competition, but will be excluded from the list of Prize recipients.
- Any applicants requiring a visa must indicate this on the application form. You are fully responsible for your own travel costs, South Korea visa fees, medical and travel insurance and other personal expenses. If you have travel-related questions, please contact us by email: email@example.com
5. Passive Participants:
- For passive participants, there are tickets for listening to the lessons given by the international professors:
- A ticket for one-day Lessons - 20,000 WON
- The academy concerts and competition are open for public and free of charge.
- If written notification of withdrawal is submitted before 15th of June 2019, the 80% of the participation fee will be reimbursed and the 20% of processing fee will be retained. All transaction charges will be deducted. Canceling of participation after 16th of June 2019 will not be accepted and no fee will be reimbursed.
- In case of misunderstanding of the regulations of the Kyungsung International Piano Academy, the Korean text will be held as definitive.