1. General Information
- Master Class and Competition of Kyungsung International Piano Academy are open to pianists of all nationalities up to 35 years old and will be held at Kyungsung University in Busan, South Korea.
- Three world famous pianists, renowned performers and professors, and jurors of major international piano competitions, including the Artistic Director of the Academy Alexey Lebedev, will give lessons to the active participants and will be the juries at the academy competition that follows the Master Class.
- Each active participant will receive 3 lessons during the academy. Participants are required to take one lesson from each professor. The lesson is free of choice of repertoire, representing contrasting style. The piano pieces for the Master Class should be well-practiced and prepared thoroughly. All works, chosen to be performed by the participant, must be published.
- Each active participant will take part in the academy competition. The competition will be held at the Big Concert Hall of Kyungsung University and will be open to the public. The competition repertoire is free of choice. 1st round duration is 10~15 minutes and 2nd round is up to 20 minutes. The repertoire from the 1st round could be repeated. The program should be performed from memory, and all the work performed must be published. After the 2nd round, there will be an awards and closing ceremony. For the prize winners of the competition, there will be monetary awards:
- 1st Prize: 2.000.000 Won
- 2nd Prize: 600.000 Won
- 3rd Prize: 400.000 Won
- All decisions of the juries are final. The jury can decide not to award any prizes or have multiple winners share a prize.
3. Application and Payment
- Completed application must be received by E-mail or by post no later than 15th of May 2017 (deadline) at the following address:
- e-mail: email@example.com
- Postal address: Kyungsung University, College of Arts, School of Music, 309, Suyeong-ro (Daeyeon-dong), Nam-gu, Busan 608-736, South Korea.
- LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- The application must be completed with following documents:
1) Application form (ODT Download)
2) Application fee 30 US Dollar : The photocopy of payment of the application fee should be attached by e-mail.
3) One color photograph (digital format with a high resolution of 300dpi)
BANK NAME: BUSAN BANK
BANK ADDRESS : DAEYEONDONG BRANCH(대연동지점)
1740-8, DAEYEON-DONG, NAM-GU, BUSAN
SWIFT CODE: PUSBKR2P
BANK ACCOUNT: 1012026800905
ACCOUNT NAME: KIPAKSU
4) One page biography or resume about studies, competitions awards, concert experiences and other information.
- In case of not enough information in profile, the Organizing Committee has the right to ask the applicants to send a good quality recording by e-mail to understand the level of applicants: a link address on YouTube or CD or DVD recording.
5*) Parental authorization for participants who are under age (children under the age of 18 years old).
- Application documents may be sent by e-mail or by post: 1) Application form 2) Application fee confirmation 3) Photograph 4) Biography 5*) Parental authorization
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONs WILL NOT BE EXCEPTED.
- After the application procedure, the Organizing Committee will select 21 active participants for the Piano Academy. All selected active participants will receive an official invitation to participate in the Piano Academy (the notification of acceptance will be sent by e-mail to all applicants on 19th of May 2017).
4. Participant Payment:
- The participation fee: 850,000 WON
- All active participants should transfer the participation fee of 850,000 WON to the bank account of academy within 3 days after receiving an official invitation. The participation fee with bank transfer should be received by academy no later than 22th of May 2017. All bank transaction charges should be responsible by the applicant.
- The bank account details will be sent by e-mail along with the official invitation to all active participants.
- Accommodation for the duration of the Academy is not provided. However a list for obtainable accommodation will be provided to international participants and participants from cities other than Busan, South Korea.
4-1-2. Practice rooms
- There are practice rooms with pianos and grand pianos for all active participants during the time of the Master Class and competition for free of charge.
4-2. Participants who are under age
- Parent or legal guardian of participant who is under 18 years old must complete and attach the parental authorization (see in application procedure).
- Parent or legal guardian of participant under 16 years old must accompany his/her child during Kyungsung International Piano Academy.
- When signing the application document, the parent or legal guardian must indicate on his or her agreement, that the Kyungsung International Piano Academy will not have any responsibility for supervising the participant, who is under age.
- Any applicants requiring a visa must indicate this on the application form. You are fully responsible for your own travel costs, South Korea visa fees, medical and travel insurance and other personal expenses. If you have travel-related questions, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Passive Participants:
- For passive participants, there are tickets for listening to the lessons given by the international professors:
- A ticket for one-day Lessons - 20,000 WON
- The academy concerts and competition are open for public and free of charge.
- If written notification of withdrawal is submitted before 15th of June 2017, the 80% of the participation fee will be reimbursed and the 20% of processing fee will be retained. All transaction charges will be deducted. Canceling of participation after 16th of June 2017 will not be accepted and no fee will be reimbursed.
- In case of misunderstanding of the regulations of the Kyungsung International Piano Academy, the Korean text will be held as definitive.