A National Institute for International Education (NIIED), a government organization of Korea, is scheduled to select 2013 Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) students.
GKS doesn't only provide international students with an opportunity to conduct advanced studies at higher educational institutions in Korea but develop global leaders and strengthen Korea-friendly networks worldwide.
Successful candidates of GKS will complete a course for the master's or the doctoral degree under the full scholarship as well as other benefits.
Successful candidates should also conduct one year of Korean language and two years of master's degree or three years of doctoral degree.
Universities designated by NIIED can only recommend students for GKS. Then, the candidates will be selected after all applicants are evaluated by the special selection committee in NIIED. The candidates recommended by a university should enter the same university.
Kyungsung University is one of the best private institutes among a few universities designated by NIIED for GKS.
If you want to get recommendation of Kyungsung for GKS, feel free to contact us!
All majors of general graduate schools
Duration of GKS
Three years -> One year of Korean language + Two-years master’s degree
Four years -> One year of Korean language + Three-years doctoral degree
- Deadline for Applications : January 28, 2013 ~ March 29, 2013 (This is very important!)
- Deadline for Recommendation : April 1, 2013 ~ April 12, 2013 (Kyungsung University -> NIIED)
- Evaluation period by NIIED : April ~ May 31, 2013
- Result notice : By June 10, 2013
- Entry to Korea : August 26, 2013 ~ August 28, 2013
- Korean language course or graduate school : Starting from September 2, 2013
- Both applicant and his/her parents must be a citizens of the foreign country.
- Applicants cannot have Korean citizenship.
- Applicants should be in good health, both mentally and physically, to stay in Korea for a long period of time.
- Should be under 40 years of age as of September 1, 2013
- Hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree as of September 1, 2013
- Applicants who are enrolling or have already enrolled in the same academic program in Korea as they are applying for GKS will not be admitted.
- For master’s program : Students who hold a bachelor’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than bachelor’s degree.
- For doctoral program: Students who hold a master’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than master’s degree.
- Applicants who are expecting the adequate diploma should present their diploma by September 1, 2013 before entry.
- Should have a grade point average (GPA) at least 2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4.3 scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale or grades/marks/score of 80% or higher from the previous attended institution.
- If the grade is difficult to convert to percentage, official explanatory documents from the attended university are required.
- Recommendation by Kyungsung University
- Applications Period : February ~ March 29
- Kyungsung University will evaluate applicants' eligibility with submitted documents by the special selection committee. Kyungsung University can recommend up to 20 candidates (3 per country) among the applicants to NIIED.
- Selection Criteria : All documents including the transcript, self introduction, study plan, language proficiency (Korean and English), recommendation, papers and awards etc.
- In regards to candidates, NIIED will refer to the Korean Embassy (Consulate) for eligibility when needed.
- Final Selection by NIIED
- The special selection committee in NIIED will finally decide the scholarship students among the candidates recommended from domestic universities.
- You can get the application form on the website of NIIED, GKS , the Korean Embassy (Consulate), and from our universities.
- Place of submission (For applicants recommended by Kyungsung University)
- Address: Room 328, Bldg.#28
International Programs Office, External Affairs Department, Kyungsung University
#314-79, Daeyeon-3dong, Nam-gu, Busan 608-736, Republic of Korea
- Officer in charge: Sangkyu Lee / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel.+82-51-663-4062
- Deadline of Submission : By March 29, 2013
- Airfare : A round-trip economy class ticket
- Airfare for entry will not be provided to one who is staying in Korea on account of the study (Korean language course, undergraduate or graduate school) or employment as of the confirmation date of selection of scholarship students.
- Fees within domestic travel, as well as insurance while travelling to and from the Republic of Korea, will not be provided.
- Monthly Allowance : 900,000 won(KRW) per month
- Research Allowance : 210,000 ~ 240,000 won for students in human and social sciences; 240,000 won for students in natural and mechanic sciences per semester
- Relocation (Settlement) Allowance : 200,000 won upon arrival
- Language Training Fee : The full costs up to one year
- Tuitions : All admission fees are waived by the host institution. The full tuition is paid by NIIED.
- Dissertation Printing Costs : 500,000 ~ 800,000 won for the costs related to a printing dissertation
- Medical Insurance : 20,000 won per month (limited insurance coverage) will be provided to the university for students.
- Special fund for students proficient in Korean language (TOPIK level 5 or 6) : 100,000 won per month (Commencing from the main program)